Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Dark Crystal?

August 26, 2009

Panel 1:"No, you little fool, I just wanted to raise your hopes up just a little higher so I can revel in your pain when I stomp on them mercilessly! Bwa-ha-ha-ha!"

Panel 2:BLAURGH! I really need to stop reading this strip in the morning. I need an empty stomach when faced with the hideous visage of this misshapen elf.

Panel 3:Hmmm...unemployed, working class dude with a blue shirt. I think we've seen this before. I trust the Jackelrod Sphere has learned its lesson and we'll now be treated to a series of scenes of unallayed domestic bliss as Bob and his steadfast wife and child labor against insurmountable odds to find him gainful employment in this soured economy. As for a villain, this may be an instance where Bob is driven down the path of iniquity by the dire exigency of his family's circumstances only to be redeemed by the affectless machinations of our androgynous hero or, perhaps, there's an unforeseen criminal element lurking in the next few strips whom, we can only hope, Mark will ultimately be able to pound into helpless submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment