Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Victor Hugo or Ed Wood?

February 17, 2009


Panel 1: What's up with Mark, today? Kind of looks like he's practicing for the role of Quasimodo in the Lost Forest Community Playhouse version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Panel 2: This panel certainly doesn't dispel my sense that something is wrong with Mark's back. It does, however, make me wonder what kind of lighting the Jackelrod Sphere is envisioning for his art. Mark and the horse are shadowed as if lit by the sun (i.e. high and to the rear [kind of like Buck's preferred approach to Patty Frampton]). The squirrel, however, has the sort of lit-from-below effect one usually associates with middle school camping trips and cheesy haunted houses. What's his light source?

Panel 3: Y'know Mark, if a bullet "grazed" me, I'd pretty much consider myself wounded. I don't think Buck is going to appreciate your glibness.

No comments:

Post a Comment